[i will wear thirty two shades of eyeliner & gentrify your avant garde poetry]

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

...

["I sound authoritative there but if you are paying attention you will know I am being sarcastic, that 'everything I type, say, or do is both meaningful and self-aware of its own meaninglessness,' and the part I just put in quotes is also both meaningful and self-aware of its own meaninglessness, and the part I just put in bold is both meaningful and self-aware of its own meaninglessness, and so on, repeating itself."]

I think this statement is pretty much true from my frame of reference and interesting. Everything else might be solely based on his context. Free will is an abstraction. Any argument for or against it is an abstraction. Abstractions are abstractions... It's times like these that I feel that everything is true and everything is false. Meaning is made, etc... My girlfriend hates that about me because I will argue about anything from any point of view and any context (I find it enjoyable).

I think even "pain and suffering" are abstractions.

2 comments:

MadisonGlass said...

You see pain and suffering as abstractions. No wonder you don't mind hurting me with your pointless arguing.

Our love is an abstraction, pleasure is an abstraction. As true as not true, oui? Well no more sex for you.

ward gleason said...

sadly the post i was posting on disapeared...

no sex for me.

(sigh)