[i will wear thirty two shades of eyeliner & gentrify your avant garde poetry]

Friday, December 01, 2006

symposium

I am sitting on the floor of a combination shopping mall office building. I am surrounded by elderly men. The elderly men talk quietly. The elderly men adjust their eye-glasses, then slowly walk through cubicle walls, from one store to another, their shopping bags dragging behind. My business suit changes from black to red to white to black. I am on a football field, on the 32-yard line, midfield. The stadium is full of silent elderly men. Nothing moves. One elderly man says, "Manatee calibration for alphabetical filing John symposium." I dive into the swimming pool and swim to the bottom, where I find a telephone. The telephone beeps.

1 comment:

MadisonGlass said...

Sounds like you are feeling suffocated, "drowned," at work and our questioning either the ethics of your career itself or the ethics of leaving. Where's my fainting couch? And how does that make you feel?