[i will wear thirty two shades of eyeliner & gentrify your avant garde poetry]

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

me/not-me

I am watching a boy. He is me/not-me. He is digging a ditch in Utah, in the sun, near a dark lake. I approach me/not-me. I say, "I want a goldfish." Me/not-me continues to dig. I stab me/not-me and hold the shovel. We are in Antarctica. The sun reflects strangely off the dense ice. There is a loud crack. We are on a large suspension bridge in Antarctica. We walk away from the middle but here is always the middle and me/not-me starts to laugh crazily. I stab me/not-me. He laughs more. We are still the middle. The sun switches off. We can't see backwards or forwards. I am afraid to move. Me/not-me continues forward laughing but is always right next to me. I am on a train. I've never been on a train. I can't see me/not-me. I feel a tremendous loss and sit quietly in the aisle. The conductor asks me to move but I don't move and the people on the train pull me into the luggage compartment and close the door.

2 comments:

amber said...

What happened to Gene Hackman?

ward gleason said...

i cut him from the script for poor acting. he could only do a christopher walken imitation.