[i will wear thirty two shades of eyeliner & gentrify your avant garde poetry]

Thursday, November 16, 2006

"Tnxysqqamtt"

I am wearing a bear-hide costume. I look like a miniature bear. At the grocery store, I am pelted with eggs by a snarling gang of prep school students. I say, "Everyone has a uniform sometimes eleven darlings." Teleportation is real. I teleport to downtown Portland, Oregon and watch Madison/not-Madison step into a book store. I follow her. Inside, every book is called "Tnxysqqamtt" and has a picture of a dead seagull. I decide to destroy everthing. It is gray, above and below. I swim through a thick static and blink. I eat raw eggs for breakfast. Inside each egg is a tiny flash of light. When I finish eating, the light flashes through my stomach. I write a story about the light flashes. I watch myself writing a story about the light flashes.

1 comment:

amber said...

I think this and the one before it are some of the best things you have ever written.